Monday, April 1, 2013

School

One Direction have caused me problems in school. Whenever someone says "One Direction," my head immediately turns to see who said that. I can't help it! It's an involuntary action that I can't help. When I am having a conversation with someone, especially my history teacher, I can't help but laugh when the person says "One Direction." In addition, people always look at me anytime someone says "One Direction" in front of me, even if it's not directed towards the band. One day in history, we were talking about Egypt. My teacher, Mr. Ievoli, said, "The Nile River flows in one direction and the Monsoonal Winds blow in the other direction." Everyone in my class turned their heads and looked at me as the room went silent. Mr. Ievoli was confused at first until I started laughing, and then he got mad. Not only did he say "One Direction," he also said "Nile." He said it, so there was no differentiation between Niall Horan and the river in Egypt. In my head, I pictured the gorgeous Irish boy with blonde hair, not a river with sand on either banks. 

One Direction have also caused me problems outside of school, but regarding school. I will go home and go on Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, or Facebook just to check up on social media, but get distracted looking at pictures, watching videos, and reading fan fiction (I'll talk about fan fiction in another post). 2 hours later..... STILL ON SOCIAL NETWORKS, and still haven't started my homework. I will then have to stay up later or finish it the next day. Procrastination and lack of focus at its finest. 


No comments:

Post a Comment